Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hallucinations?

It's been some time now, and I've been, many-a-times, in a state between being asleep and awake. I'm sure it's not a psychological disorder and I'd like to believe that it is only because these days, I'm staying at home, with practically nothing to do, at all. This free mind and free time, have together brought a sense of emptiness in me.

This emptiness may not be an alien to all, but I guess normally people experience it either when they've just woken up after a long sleep or are about to sleep after a very tiring day. Another reason could be a disturbed sleep.

But in my case, it seems to be even in the day-time, when I'm supposedly completely awake, or trying to do something. In this state of partial consciousness, I find myself in situations or places that have already occurred with me. And the most repeated ones are..

when i turn around: I find myself at a restaurant in Noida, at a food counter, where there's self service and I've taken my thali and turned around to find a seat and I see him waiting for me, smiling, and I smile back!
(Now, imagine somebody just walking merrily and on being called, or for any reason, turning around with hands forth, holding air between them! )

when i open my shut eyes after regaining a lost breath: I find myself apologizing him for being late by good half an hour or an hour.
(And this is another one, I'm found saying sorry-sorry every time I climb the stairs, up or down!)

when i am in the mid of my drive: I find myself asking him the venue for today.
(I'm hence safest with no company while a drive!)

when i jump a red-light: I feel scared to look at my left, scared to face his tough looks!

when i am sitting idle: I find myself talking to him about random things. Family, friends, weather, moods, anything.
(I've started to run sheepishly to my room whenever I find myself reach an idle state!)

when i am asked/required to think sensibly over an issue: I find myself relying on him for his most prestigious and much awaited piece of advice. I find myself, saying things like "he'll be able to decide best!" , "he'll be able to judge best!" , "only he's got the brains to think over such a thing!"
(And I'm practically not thinking a bit about anything, even the most important issues. This is serious!)

when i open my eyes on waking up after a sound sleep: I see a dashboard. I feel the hand break breaking one corner of my waist. I find my head on his laps. I feel his fingers playing with my hair.
(I don't want to comment on this. I'm glad no one notices this one!)

when i am trying to sleep at night: I hear his "goodnight". I feel hugged, tight. And I find myself whispering "goodnight" and sleeping, smiling!

(Fortunately or) unfortunately, the worst (or the best) part of this is, that I have started to find him omnipresent. There is no sense of loneliness in me because of his omnipresence.

One may believe.. I've lost it!
I say.. I'm lovin' it!

No comments: