Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ye Mausam Ka Jaadoo Hai Mitawaa...

I'm all smiles today! Those who know me the slightest, must have guessed that half the reason could be the weather today. Well, today, I'd credit it entirely.

The sound of the swinging branches, the race of the dried up leaves sweeping the roads, the touch of the cool breezes, the white clouds of the shapes of all the continents on the earth in the blue-blue sky and everybody tempted to sing his/her favorite song, over and over again, overwhelm me.

So, on this rare occasion of Mr. Delhi playing with the bestest of its moods, I really, realllyyyyy wanted to go out today. Elders in the house had their own procrastination barring them to accompany me but I still wanted Mom to accompany me, for I know she loves less-adventurous, close to-Mother-Nature type of outings.

And here they start, the list and the confusions.

Delhi parks couldn't be a good idea, for we would never want to bear the guilt of the lovers who would otherwise feel scared of making public appearances with their respective partners. Adding to this, is our least interest in "bird-watching". Therefore, missing out the beautiful gardens and their perfectly trimmed greenery was sadly seemingly obvious.

Malls can just not complement a good weather. "What's the use of entering air-conditioned complexes when we're out to enjoy a great weather!" Makes sense.

Shopping out was an idea that brought a wide grin on my face and my Mom, like probably all others, came out with just another stare, a big one. What if we had just gone to heavy-duty shoppings just one week back, for my cousin's wedding and other miscellaneous functions. Anyway, this option wasn't totally ruled out, but we were bent on considering other options.

Amidst all this, were the voices from here and there, solely intending my anger and Mom's discouragement, wanting us to stand very romantically in our very spacious balcony and smile at any soul who peeped out of his window or came out in his balcony. No, not this, not today!

How could the national capital of our very own India, be short of places for innocent mother-daughter couples like ours for an outing in such a pleasant weather?

The next stream-line went desi now. Khan market? Sarojini Nagar market? some what better... umm.. Dilli Haat? Well, why not? I had never been there before, never in these 21 years? Oh God, I've not been a good Delhite. Sad. (Zyaada ho gaya? :-P) Anyway, time to make up for it! So, finally, decided to go to Dilli Haat.

The drive was nice. Parking was a problem, but I'm almost used to it now (because Delhi-Malls=parking problem!) The entrance fee was a minimal cost of Rs. 15. Impressed! But there was a change over going on today. Not-so-impressed. On entering a small path-way, there were old ladies selling colorful anklets. Rest of the market comprised of artificial jewelery, pearl jewelery, Indian cotton kurtis, wrap-around skirts, bed-covers, and souvenirs. And, of course, different stalls of different cuisines. The market on the whole didn't have as much variety as I had expected, but the mausam played it's due role. Slight rain drops, cool breeze and not a great rush, was all that could make a happy outing, in the brightest of our spirits.

Ahh... what a day! I wonder how if Delhi's awesome mausam has been breaking any records.. it's been more than pleasant this entire season. Thank you dear pre-monsoons!!
:-)
:-)
:-)

No comments: